Home Cooks > Recipes > Beef Teriyaki Rice Bowl
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
1-1/2 pounds boneless, beef top sirloin, about 1-inch thick
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce*
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Hot cooked rice
*May substitute Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- Cut beef across grain into 1/2-inch thick strips, then into 1-inch squares.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove 3 Tbsp. of mixture and pour over beef in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough water to remaining teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat; add beef and sauté 1 minute. Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon beef and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, as desired.