Home Cooks > Recipes > Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings) 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Hot cooked rice
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove 3 Tbsp. of mixture and pour over chicken in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough water to remaining teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, as desired.