(Yield: 4 servings)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons orange juice
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DISH
1 head Boston, red leaf or romaine lettuce
2 cups cooked or smoked chicken, shredded or diced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked black beans
3/4 cup Sauce
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE DISH
- Blend together soy sauce, chipotle, lemon juice, orange juice, ginger, honey and garlic in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour Sauce into jar with screw-top lid. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups sauce.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, avocado, mango, onion and black beans.
- Drizzle Sauce over salad; toss well to evenly coat all pieces. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Stephan Pyles, Chef, Cookbook Author and PBS Host, Dallas, Texas.
- Use Sauce as a marinade for robust meats such as chicken thighs, pork or quail.
- Serve Sauce over baked or grilled fish, such as sole or salmon.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.