(Yield: 4 servings)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons orange juice
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DISH
1 head Boston, red leaf or romaine lettuce
2 cups cooked or smoked chicken, shredded or diced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked black beans
3/4 cup Sauce
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE DISH
- Blend together soy sauce, chipotle, lemon juice, orange juice, ginger, honey and garlic in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour Sauce into jar with screw-top lid. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups sauce.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, avocado, mango, onion and black beans.
- Drizzle Sauce over salad; toss well to evenly coat all pieces. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Stephan Pyles, Chef, Cookbook Author and PBS Host, Dallas, Texas.
- Use Sauce as a marinade for robust meats such as chicken thighs, pork or quail.
- Serve Sauce over baked or grilled fish, such as sole or salmon.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.