Home Cooks > Recipes > Halftime Ribs
Yield: Makes 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 1 hour marinade time
Cook Time: 90 minutes
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
3pounds pork ribs
3 green onions, sliced
- Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili flakes, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour the mixture over ribs and cover. Allow to marinate in the fridgefor at least an hour.
- After marinating, remove ribs from fridge and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack over the foil. Put the ribs, meat side up, onto the rack and place into the oven. Reserve the marinating liquid in a small pot.
- Bake the ribs for 20 minutes.
- While the ribs are baking, simmer the marinade on medium high heat for 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- After the ribs have cooked for 20 minutes, baste them with the sauce and place back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes of baking is complete, turn oven down to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes
- Remove the ribs from oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes and slice in between the bones before serving. Sprinkle sliced green onions for garnish.