Home Cooks > Recipes > Coconut Cream Salted Caramel
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
1 can coconut cream (refrigerated)
½ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- Prep the coconut cream by opening the can, being careful not to shake it around. Skim the cream off of the top and set aside.
- Heat maple syrup on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes until a candy thermometer reaches 240°F.
- Carefully stir in coconut oil to the maple syrup for 1 minute.
- To this mixture, stir in coconut cream until completely combined. Keep caramel on the heat for 30 seconds while you stir. Add soy sauce and stir well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
We love using this sauce in our Salted Caramel Apple Pie Sundaes.