Home Cooks > Recipes > Salted Caramel Apple Pie Sundaes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
½ cup flour
½ cup + ⅔ cup sugar, divided
8 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 cup Kikkoman® Panko Bread Crumbs
5 apples (a variety of granny smith and gala work well)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pint of vanilla ice cream
½ cup of Coconut Cream Salted Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, 8 tablespoons of butter, and panko until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Prepare your apples by peeling them, removing their cores, and slicing them into roughly 1 inch slices.
- Place 4 tablespoons of butter, apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and ⅔ of a cup of sugar into a skillet. Cook on medium heat until the apples have softened, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble, place 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a dish and top with 2 tablespoons of the panko topping and 1 large spoonful of caramelized apples. Drizzle with Coconut Cream Salted Caramel.