Home Cooks > Recipes > Japanese Chicken Wings
12 chicken wings
Salt & pepper
2 Tablespoons potato starch
2 Tablespoons shichimi togarashi (Japanese 7 Spice)
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons sake
1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Kotteri Mirin
1 Tablespoon ginger
1 garlic clove
1 Tablespoon Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
⅓ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yuzu kosho sauce
½ teaspoon yuzu juice
1 garlic clove, grated
½ teaspoon Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
Green onions, sesame seeds, lemon wedges for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature, or overnight in the fridge.
- Make the glaze. Boil brown sugar, soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger, and garlic until rolling and thick. Add rice vinegar; remove from heat and set aside.
- Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels and coat with potato starch. Fry at 320ºF for 10 minutes at a time, in batches if needed. Turn up heat to 375ºF and fry until golden brown.
- Whisk together ingredients for yuzu aioli.
- Toss cooked chicken in the glaze and sprinkle generously with shichimi togarashi. Serve with yuzu aioli, green onion, sesame seeds, and lemon wedges.