Home Cooks > Recipes > Crispy Rice with Edamame Hummus & Japanese Eggplant
Yield: Makes 12 servings
2 ½ cups cooked sushi rice
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2 Japanese eggplants
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Kikkoman® Teriyaki Takumi (Original)
1 cup shelled edamame, blanched
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp water, if needed
Scallion, (green part only) shredded, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish
Red ginger pickles, for garnish
- Tightly pack rice in a square dish ½-inch thick and chill.
- Flip onto a cutting board. Cut into squares 2x2 inches in size.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat and fry until golden on all sides. Let cool.
- Blend edamame hummus ingredients until smooth.
- Brush eggplant with oil, season with salt and pepper, then broil for 4 minutes.
- Brush Takumi on top of eggplant.
- Broil eggplant another 4 minutes until softened. Brush with more glaze and broil again for 2 more minutes. If needed, brush and broil again until golden.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of edamame hummus on the crispy rice and top with a piece of eggplant. Top with scallions, sesame seeds, and red ginger pickles.