Home Cooks > Recipes > Salmon Quinoa Bowl
Yield: Makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
¼ of a cucumber
2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
¼ cup quinoa
½ cup water
1 salmon fillet
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ½ cups kale chopped
1 ½ tablespoons Kikkoman® Ponzu Sauce
- Start by carefully using a mandolin to cut cucumber into ribbons.
- Pour rice vinegar over cucumber in a bowl or jar and stir every few minutes for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour quinoa and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium low and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat a heavy bottomed frying pan to medium heat. Brush the salmon fillet with vegetable oil and place in pan skin side down.
- Cook for 10 minutes on one side and then turn over and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until salmon is light pink and flaky.
- To assemble quinoa bowl, start with the kale and add the ponzu sauce, massaging the kale for 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa and mix gently.
- Top with ribbons of cucumber and the salmon fillet.