Home Cooks > Recipes > Lemon Ginger Soy Chicken Thighs
Yield: Makes 4 servings
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped bok choy
2 cups thick julienned carrots
1/4 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus a pinch
4 bone-in chicken thighs
1 lemon plus 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, peeled
1 tablespoon honey
Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a 3 to 4 qt. baking dish. Add prepped bok choy, carrots, salt, and pepper to the dish and toss until evenly coated.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables, skin side up, and drizzle the chicken with the remaining 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with just a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice a lemon in half and place a half at each end of the dish. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Kikkoman Soy Sauce, lemon juice, ginger, and honey. After 15 minutes, remove chicken from oven and use a basting brush to brush the chicken with the sauce and pan drippings, then return to the oven. Repeat the process every 3 minutes for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is gone and the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve hot with pan vegetables and broth and rice if you like.
Other bone-in chicken can be used, try to keep it around 2lbs total for this recipe.
Recipe adapted from Mark Bittman.