Home Cooks > Recipes > General Tso's Chicken Baked Wontons
Yield: Makes 24 wontons
General Tsos Sauce:
1/2 cup chicken broth
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
3 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 8 peces
24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- For the sauce: In a large saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until it thickens. Remove from the heat and cool. Reserve 1/2 cup for dipping sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes then flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the remaining general tso's sauce, green onion, and cream cheese, a few pieces at a time, and stir until melted and smooth.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, add 1 tablespoon filling to the center. Lightly brush the edges with water then lift each corner and have all four meet in the middle, forming an X. Press the edges to seal and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wontons and filling.
- Lightly spray each wonton with cooking spray then bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with reserved 1/2 cup sauce for dipping.