Home Cooks > Recipes > Mahogany Chicken Wings
Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb chicken wings
1 lb chicken drumettes
1/2 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
a heaping 1/3 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
1/4 cup plum sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- Set oven to 375ºF
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together. Take a taste to see if you'd like to alter any of the proportions.
- Put the wings and drumettes in a large dish, bowl, or zip lock baggie and cover them with the sauce. Make sure all the chicken is covered with the sauce, and then put in the refrigerator to marinate for anywhere from 6 to 48 hours.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or foil. Shake the excess sauce off the chicken and arrange in a single layer on the pan. Put in the oven and set timer for one hour.
- While the chicken is cooking put the sauce in a pan on the stove and bring it to a boil. Boil for about 20 minutes, until reduced and thick.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce every 10-15 minutes. You don't have to wait until the sauce has thickened to do the basting. (The chicken may be done in under an hour)
- Serve the chicken garnished with the scallions, along with the thickened glaze on the side.