Home Cooks > Recipes > Mongolian Beef Egg Roll Bowls
Egg Roll Wrappers
2 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1/2 Cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
1 Lb Flank Steak
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
2 Tablespoon Oil
3 Green Onions, Sliced (About a 3/4 Cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Use 2 muffin tin pans and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Then, take 1 egg roll wrapper and shape it to fit in the muffin tin. I did every other one to make 12 egg roll bowls.
- Bake these in the oven per the package instructions.
- Remove and let cool.
- While these are cooling or while in the oven, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients and whisking well together.
- Next, place the flank steak in a Ziploc bag along with the cornstarch, seal it and shake it up. Mix this well.
- Heat up the oil in a cast iron skillet then, add in the flank steak.
- Let this cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in the sauce along with about 1/2 cup green onions.
- Let this simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until the sauce is fully soaked into the steak.
- While this is simmering, prepare the noodles as instructed on the package.
- Fill each egg roll bowl with the noodles, then top with the steak.
- Lastly, top with additional green onions and serve.