Home Cooks > Recipes > Simple Ramen
(Makes 2 servings)
4 cups chicken or beef stock
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce (this is entirely to your taste, so add more if you’d like)
2 tsp Kikkoman Sesame oil
2 oz. mushrooms (choose your favorite)
6 slices fresh ginger
2 green onions chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 single serve ramen noodle packages
1 carrot, grated
Prepare the broth:
- Place your chicken or beef stock in a small pot and begin to heat through.
- Add the slices of garlic and ginger, allowing them to steep in the stock for 10-15 minutes.
- Season your broth with Kikkoman soy sauce until the seasoning is to your liking. Add the sesame oil.
Soft boil the egg:
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and gently lower the eggs into the water.
- After 5 minutes, remove the eggs and allow to cool.
Cook the noodles:
- Follow the noodle package’s directions for boiling the noodles.
Assemble the ramen:
- Ladle broth into each bowl.
- Place noodles into the broth, carefully adding the mushrooms, spinach, and carrot.
- Stir to allow the vegetables to wilt in the hot broth.
- Peel the eggs, slicing them in half lengthwise, and add them to the top of the noodles.
- Top with cilantro and green onions.
- Serve immediately, as the noodles will begin to get too soft if you let them sit in the broth.