Home Cooks > Recipes > Pad See Ew
Yield: Makes 2 servings
7-8 oz. rice noodles (avoid vermicelli, as they are too thin)
2 cups broccoli cut into bite size pieces
2 carrots sliced
1 boneless skinless chicken breast or around a cup of chicken thigh meat cut into bite size pieces
1-1/2 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoon white vinegar
2 teaspoon brown sugar
3 cloves of garlic, minced (2 if large)
- Check the instructions on the rice noodles you choose and prepare them accordingly. Drain.
- While noodles are softening, combine soy sauce, honey, oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and water.
- Pour oil and garlic into a wok and then place on high heat so that the garlic heats gradually with the oil.
- Once oil is hot, add chicken, broccoli, and carrots, stirring almost constantly for around 1 minute.
- Push the wok’s contents over to the side of the pan and crack an egg in the empty space. Scramble the egg while it cooks on the wok’s surface.
- Add the noodles and sauce once the chicken is cooked through. Combine everything together gently to avoid breaking apart the noodles.
- Serve immediately topped with red pepper flakes for added heat.