Home Cooks > Recipes > Mushroom-stuffed Panko Pork Chops
5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, diced
2 large garlic cloves, diced
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
6 boneless pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
3/4 cup flour
3 eggs mixed with 1 tablespoon water
2 cups Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs or Whole Wheat Panko
Salt and pepper
6 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon, onion, mushrooms and garlic until bacon is done. Mix in cream cheese and cool.
- With a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the side of each pork chop. Place mushroom mixture in a frosting bag with a large-hole tip and pipe mixture into pockets.
- Place flour, egg mixture and panko in separate bowls. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and roll in flour. Shake off excess flour, dip pork chops in egg mixture and roll in panko, making sure pork chops are completely coated. Gently shake off excess panko. Bread all pork chops before cooking.
- Heat a skillet large enough to hold all the pork chops over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook pork chops in preheated skillet until medium golden brown on both sides. Place pork chops on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until done.
From Joyce J., winner of the "Crank Up the Crunch" Panko Recipe Contest in the main dish category.