Home Cooks > Recipes > Panko Sweet Potato Sticks
1 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs or Whole Wheat Panko
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon Italian blend dried herbs (oregano, basil, marjoram, thymerosemary, savory and sage)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 sweet potatoes
2 egg whites
Nonstick cooking spray
Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut sweet potatoes into fries.
- Place flour in a bowl. Whip egg whites to soft peaks and place in another bowl. Combine panko, dried herbs and garlic powder in a third bowl.
- Dip sweet potatoes in flour, then in egg whites. Roll in panko, pressing to make panko adhere better.
- Place sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray sweet potatoes lightly with more cooking spray to help browning.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
From Danielle M., winner of the "Crank Up the Crunch" Panko Recipe Contest in the appetizer category.