Home Cooks > Recipes > Party Almonds
(Yield: 1 cup)
1 cup whole natural almonds
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1/8 — 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a 350°F oven, toast almonds on baking sheet 10 minutes without stirring or shaking. Remove from oven; cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F. In saucepan over medium-low heat, bring teriyaki marinade & sauce, water, brown sugar and pepper sauce to a boil.
- Stir in almonds; boil, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until almonds absorb liquid. Add oil; toss to coat almonds.
- Spread almonds on baking sheet in single layer; bake 5 minutes. Shake almonds; turn pan and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove almonds from pan and cool in single layer. Store in roomy container or plastic bag.