Home Cooks > Recipes > Buttermilk Pancakes
Yield: Makes 12 pancakes
1 cup PEARL® Original Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread
1 egg, beaten
Butter or trans fat-free butter-like spread & maple syrup, as desired
- Combine soymilk and vinegar in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl.
- Beat melted butter and egg into soymilk mixture. Pour liquid all at once into flour mixture, stirring only until flour is moistened.
- Heat lightly oiled griddle or large skillet over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 2 tablespoonfuls batter onto griddle. Cook about 2 minutes, or until bubbles form on surface. Turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute longer, or until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.