Home Cooks > Recipes > Roasted Herb Chicken & Potatoes
(Yield: 6 to 7 servings)
1-1/2 pounds baking potatoes
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce*
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3-1/2 to 4-pound whole roasting chicken
*May substitute Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each piece crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place with onion in large, shallow foil-lined baking pan.
- Combine next 7 ingredients; drizzle 1 Tbsp. mixture over potato mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold running water; drain and pat dry. Place chicken, breast side up, in center of pan, moving potatoes aside. Brush chicken, including cavity, thoroughly with soy sauce mixture.
- Roast in 375ºF. oven about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part not touching bone registers 180º, brushing chicken with soy sauce mixture every 30 minutes and stirring vegetables.
- Remove from oven; let chicken stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with potatoes.