Home Cooks > Recipes > Baked Ham With Sweet & Sour Cranberry Sauce
Yield: Yield: 12 to 14 servings
6 to 7-pound fully cooked smoked butt- or
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 jar (10 oz.) apple jelly
3/4 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Place ham, fatty side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in 325ºF. 20 to 25 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer inserted in center, away from bone, reads 135º. Let ham stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots in hot oil in medium saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add apple jelly; cook, stirring, 3 minutes, or until jelly melts. Stir in sweet & sour sauce and cranberries; cover and cook 1 minute until heated, stirring once.
- Serve sauce with ham slices. *Note: If desired, use fully cooked, center-cut ham slice (about 1-1/4-lb.). Heat ham according to package directions. To prepare sauce:
- Sauté 1 Tbsp. minced shallot in 1 teaspoon hot vegetable oil in small saucepan.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce and apple jelly, and 2 Tbsp. sweetened dried cranberries; cook, covered, 2 minutes, or until jelly melts, stirring occasionally.
- Cut ham into serving portions and serve with sauce. Makes 4 servings.