(Yield: 6 to 8 servings)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-1/4 cups burgundy wine
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 bay leaf
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound small boiling onions
3/4 pound fresh mushrooms
2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Hot cooked egg noodles
- Combine flour and garlic powder in small bowl; divide mixture in half. Coat beef with one-half of flour mixture.
- Brown beef in hot oil in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan.
- Pour in 2/3 cup water and next 4 ingredients. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining flour mixture and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley; serve over noodles.
If you like this, try...
On the purchase of any TWO (2) Kikkoman Products 10 oz. or Larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.