Home Cooks > Recipes > Burgundy Beef Stew
(Yield: 6 to 8 servings) 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-1/4 cups burgundy wine
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 bay leaf
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound small boiling onions
3/4 pound fresh mushrooms
2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Hot cooked egg noodles
- Combine flour and garlic powder in small bowl; divide mixture in half. Coat beef with one-half of flour mixture.
- Brown beef in hot oil in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan.
- Pour in 2/3 cup water and next 4 ingredients. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining flour mixture and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley; serve over noodles.