(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
1/2 pound portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded Jack or mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 package (10 oz.) frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed
and coarsely chopped
- Cook penne according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
- Sauté mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat in Dutch oven or large saucepan 1 minute; remove.
- Melt butter in same pan. Add flour, garlic and basil; cook, stirring, until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and cook until thickened and bubbly. Cook, stirring, 1 minute longer. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and penne, stirring until all ingredients are evenly coated with sauce. Turn out mixture into greased 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 20 minutes, or until heated through.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.