(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
1/2 pound portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded Jack or mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 package (10 oz.) frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed
and coarsely chopped
- Cook penne according to package directions, omitting salt; drain.
- Sauté mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat in Dutch oven or large saucepan 1 minute; remove.
- Melt butter in same pan. Add flour, garlic and basil; cook, stirring, until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and cook until thickened and bubbly. Cook, stirring, 1 minute longer. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and penne, stirring until all ingredients are evenly coated with sauce. Turn out mixture into greased 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 20 minutes, or until heated through.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.