Home Cooks > Recipes > Citrus-Ginger Grilled Chicken
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Butterfly chicken by slicing each breast half horizontally in half, cutting almost but not completely through; open to make 1 flat piece. Carefully place chicken in large plastic food storage bag.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper; pour over chicken. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat chicken well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning bag over once.
- Grill chicken, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. (Or, broil chicken on rack of broiler pan, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.)
- Use this marinade for vegetables or firm fish, such as swordfish, tuna or salmon.
- For food safety, once raw meats or fish have been marinated, discard the marinade to prevent contamination.
- Instead of using this recipe as a marinade, use it as a zesty salad dressing for chicken salad or tossed greens.