Home Cooks > Recipes > California Chicken Salad
(Yield: 4 servings)
2 chicken breast halves
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 carrot, julienned
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze with Honey & Pineapple
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
Avocado or cantaloupe slices
- Cook chicken in enough water to cover in covered saucepan 15 minutes, or until no longer pink in center; drain and chill.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken; shred meat with fingers into large bowl. Add celery, carrot and almonds.
- Combine teriyaki baste & glaze with honey & pineapple, oil, vinegar, sugar and ginger; pour about 1/3 cupful over chicken mixture. Toss together to coat all ingredients.
- Arrange fruit slices on individual plates; top with chicken salad.
- Drizzle desired amount of remaining dressing over fruit.