(Yield: 4 servings)
4 fish steaks (halibut, sea bass or salmon),
about 3/4 inch thick
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 tablespoons papaya nectar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Nonstick cooking spray
Maui Sunset Sauce (recipe follows)
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or toasted almonds
- Place fish steaks in single layer in large shallow pan.
- Blend teriyaki marinade & sauce, papaya nectar, cilantro and oil; pour over fish. Turn fish over to coat both sides. Refrigerate 45 minutes, turning fish over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, coat grill rack with cooking spray; place 4 to 6 inches from hot coals.
- Reserving 1/3 cup marinade, remove fish and place on rack. Cook 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove to serving platter; keep warm while preparing Maui Sunset Sauce.
- To serve, spoon sauce over fish steaks and sprinkle with nuts. Maui Sunset Sauce: Combine 1/3 cup reserved marinade, 1/3 cup papaya nectar, 1/4 cup water, 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 teaspoon sugar in small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce 10 oz or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.