Home Cooks > Recipes > Hot & Sour Broccoli Beef
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
3/4 pound boneless tender beef steak
(sirloin, rib eye or top sirloin)
1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 pound fresh broccoli, trimmed
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Combine 1 Tbsp. each cornstarch and soy sauce with garlic and sugar in medium bowl; stir in beef. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove flowerets from broccoli; cut into bite-size pieces. Peel stalks; cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Combine 1 cup water, remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and crushed red pepper in small bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add broccoli and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. water over vegetables; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.