(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 pound boneless lean pork
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 small onion, chunked
1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
Hot cooked rice
- Cut pork across grain into thin slices; coat with mixture of 1 Tbsp. each soy sauce and cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and garlic. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Blend remaining 2 Tbsp.soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, fennel and 3/4 cup water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add onion and whites of green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add green onion tops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add pork and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle with cashews; serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.