(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 pound boneless lean pork
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 small onion, chunked
1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
Hot cooked rice
- Cut pork across grain into thin slices; coat with mixture of 1 Tbsp. each soy sauce and cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and garlic. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Blend remaining 2 Tbsp.soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, fennel and 3/4 cup water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add onion and whites of green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add green onion tops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add pork and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Sprinkle with cashews; serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.