(Yield: 4 servings)
4 to 5-pound fresh or thawed duckling, quartered
1 tablespoon five-spice powder*
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Rinse duckling quarters; drain and pat dry. Discard excess fat; pierce skin thoroughly with fork.
- Combine five-spice, soy sauce, sherry and pepper in large bowl. Add duckling quarters; rub with mixture and let stand 30 minutes.
- Place, skin side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in 350ºF. oven 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; drain off pan drippings.
- Turn oven temperature to broil and raise oven rack 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil quarters 2 to 3 minutes, or until skin is crisp. *If not available, combine 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed, 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed and 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.