(Yield: 4 servings)
4 to 5-pound fresh or thawed duckling, quartered
1 tablespoon five-spice powder*
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Rinse duckling quarters; drain and pat dry. Discard excess fat; pierce skin thoroughly with fork.
- Combine five-spice, soy sauce, sherry and pepper in large bowl. Add duckling quarters; rub with mixture and let stand 30 minutes.
- Place, skin side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in 350ºF. oven 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; drain off pan drippings.
- Turn oven temperature to broil and raise oven rack 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil quarters 2 to 3 minutes, or until skin is crisp. *If not available, combine 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed, 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed and 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.