Home Cooks > Recipes > First Moon Chicken Stir-Fry
(Yield: 4 servings)
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
cut into 1-inch squares
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1/2 pound fresh broccoli
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 medium onion, chunked
1 small carrot, cut diagonally into thin slices
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- Combine 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and garlic; stir in chicken. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar and vinegar with 3/4 cup water.
- Remove flowerets from broccoli; cut into bite-size pieces. Peel stalks; cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add broccoli, onion, carrot and red pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add snow peas; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Stir in chicken and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.