Home Cooks > Recipes > Prawns in the Shell
Yield: Yield: 8 appetizer servings 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 pound large fresh or thawed prawns
1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green onions
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 small red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
- Combine ketchup, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. wine, sugar and cornstarch.
- Wash and devein prawns (do not shell); cut diagonally into halves. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. wine and 1/2 teaspoon ginger over prawns.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add prawns and sauté until completely pink or red.
- Stir in green onions, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic and chili peppers; cook only until green onions are tender.
- Pour ketchup mixture into pan; bring to boil and cook only until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.