(Yield: 8 appetizer servings)
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 pound large fresh or thawed prawns
1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green onions
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 small red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
- Combine ketchup, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. wine, sugar and cornstarch.
- Wash and devein prawns (do not shell); cut diagonally into halves. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. wine and 1/2 teaspoon ginger over prawns.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add prawns and sauté until completely pink or red.
- Stir in green onions, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic and chili peppers; cook only until green onions are tender.
- Pour ketchup mixture into pan; bring to boil and cook only until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.