Home Cooks > Recipes > Crispy Wontons
Yield: Yield: 10 appetizer servings 3/4 pound ground pork
8 canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1 package (16 oz.) wonton skins
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup and hot mustard
or Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Combine pork, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wonton skin. Fold wonton skin over filling to form a triangle. Turn top of triangle down to meet fold. Turn over; moisten 1 corner with water. Overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press together firmly.
- Heat oil in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 375ºF.
- Deep-fry wontons, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with ketchup and mustard or sweet & sour sauce, as desired.