(Yield: 10 appetizer servings)
3/4 pound ground pork
8 canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1 package (16 oz.) wonton skins
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup and hot mustard
or Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Combine pork, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wonton skin. Fold wonton skin over filling to form a triangle. Turn top of triangle down to meet fold. Turn over; moisten 1 corner with water. Overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press together firmly.
- Heat oil in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 375ºF.
- Deep-fry wontons, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with ketchup and mustard or sweet & sour sauce, as desired.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.