Home Cooks > Recipes > Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- Coat both sides of chops with garlic and pepper.
- Cook chops in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat remaining oil in same pan. Add onion, cabbage and salt; saute 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend sweet & sour sauce and sugar; remove and reserve 2 Tbsp. mixture.
- Blend 1 Tbsp. water with remaining sweet & sour sauce mixture; pour over cabbage, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on low 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange chops on cabbage; spoon reserved sweet & sour sauce mixture over chops. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until pork is heated through.