Home Cooks > Recipes > Classic Sweet & Sour Pork
(Yield: 4 servings)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 onion, chunked
1 green bell pepper, chunked
1 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
- Blend cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl; stir in pork until well coated.
- Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir carrots, onion, bell pepper and sweet & sour sauce into pork mixture. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir only until pineapple is heated through.