Home Cooks > Recipes > Kung Pao Chicken
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
5 tablespoons Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce, divided
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 large onion, chunked
2 small green bell peppers, chunked
2/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- Cut chicken into 1-inch square pieces; coat with 1 Tbsp. stir-fry sauce. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 4 tablespoons stir-fry sauce, vinegar and red pepper. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 Tbsp. water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and garlic and stir-fry 3 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add onion; stir-fry 1 minute. Add bell peppers; stir-fry 4 minutes longer.
- Add chicken, stir-fry sauce mixture, cornstarch mixture and peanuts; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve immediately.