(Yield: 2 to 3 servings)
2 medium trout (about 8 oz. each), dressed
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/2 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- Score both sides of trout with 3 diagonal slashes 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart. Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper; coat trout with mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add trout; cook 6 to 7 minutes.
- Turn trout over; pour remaining 1 Tbsp. oil around edges of pan. Cook 6 to 7 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Meanwhile, blend sweet & sour sauce, 6 Tbsp. water and sugar in small saucepan.
- Remove trout to serving platter and keep warm.
- Heat sweet & sour sauce mixture over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, pour half of sauce over trout and sprinkle green onions over fish and sauce. Pass remaining sauce.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.