Home Cooks > Recipes > Scallops & Snow Peas
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
3/4 pound fresh or thawed bay scallops
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons slivered fresh ginger root
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 small dried whole red chili peppers
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-1/2 teaspoons Kikkoman Sesame Oil
- Cook scallops in small amount of boiling water 30 seconds; drain.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, sugar and 3/4 cup water.
- Cut each chili pepper open lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Heat vegetable oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium heat; add chilies and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove chilies.
- Heat chili oil over high heat. Add onion and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add scallops, chilies and soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately.