Home Cooks > Recipes > General’s Chicken
(Yield: 4 servings)
1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 large cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
- Cut chicken into 1-inch square pieces. Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sherry and pressed garlic in small bowl; stir in chicken. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Coat half of chicken pieces lightly with cornstarch; shake off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces; reduce heat to medium. Cook about 3-1/2 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Drain off all but 1 teaspoon oil from skillet. Add sliced garlic, red pepper and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute over medium heat.
- Stir in corn syrup, sugar, vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in cooked chicken pieces until well coated with sauce and heated through.
- Turn out into serving bowl and sprinkle sesame seed over chicken and sauce.