Home Cooks > Recipes > Spicy Ramen Noodle Salad
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
3 packages (3 oz. each) dry ramen noodle soup
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 ounces snow peas, trimmed and cut into julienne strips
1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
3 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
Peanut Dressing (recipe follows)
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan. Break noodle blocks into fourths; discard soup packets (or save for stock). Cook noodles in boiling water 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly. Place noodles in large bowl; toss with oil.
- Pour boiling water over snow peas in bowl; let stand 30 seconds. Drain; cool under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Add snow peas, carrot and green onions to noodles. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, prepare Peanut Dressing.
- Pour dressing over noodle mixture; toss to coat all ingredients well. Serve immediately.
Peanut Dressing: Gradually blend 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce into 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter in small bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Rice Vinegar, 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) until well blended. Makes about 1/2 cup.