Home Cooks > Healthy Eating > Vegetarian Tips
Try these tips to help you produce satisfying vegetarian meals. With the delicious flavor of Kikkoman Soy Sauce, you'll never feel deprived of great taste!
- Use Kikkoman Soy Sauce "as is," or seasoned with garlic and herbs, as a marinade or brush-on basting sauce for grilled or roasted eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, corn or mushrooms.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce brings out the earthy, hearty flavors of black beans, baked or refried beans and vegetarian chili.
PIZZA, PASTA AND GRAINS
- A touch of Kikkoman Soy Sauce heightens the flavor of tomatoes in traditional "red sauces" and mellows their acidity.
- Because it's traditionally brewed, Kikkoman Soy Sauce complements the yeasty flavor of pizza dough. Lightly brush on rolled-out dough or precooked pizza shells before topping and baking.
- In creamy pasta sauces like Alfredo or three-cheese, a small amount of Kikkoman Soy Sauce brings out the buttery flavor.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce adds color and a roasted, nutty flavor to rice, pilaf and other grain-based dishes and provides a rich, savoriness without using meat stocks.
- Jump-start your vinaigrette by replacing the salt with a little Kikkoman Soy Sauce. It balances the acidic flavors and adds color and depth.
- Add Kikkoman Soy Sauce to round out and mellow the tanginess in blue cheese dressing.
- A dash of Kikkoman Soy Sauce heightens the flavor of ranch dressing, making it an ideal topping for baked potatoes or steamed veggies, or dipping sauce for raw vegetables.
- Pasta salads can be bland. Add Kikkoman Soy Sauce to mayonnaise for tastier pasta or potato salad dressing.
SOUPS AND STOCKS
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce complements the earthy flavor of mushrooms in mushroom soups, while adding color and richness.
- Just a splash of Kikkoman Soy Sauce enhances the natural flavor of vegetables in minestrone and other vegetable-based soups.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce rounds out the spiciness of black bean soups and complements the smoky flavor of split pea and lentil soups.
CONDIMENTS AND SAUCES
- Add a dash of Kikkoman Soy Sauce to fresh or cooked salsas to add depth of flavor and balance acidity.
- Create more flavorful spreads for sandwiches by combining Kikkoman Soy Sauce with other staples in your pantry such as mayonnaise, ketchup or mustard. Use on veggie burgers or grilled vegetable sandwiches.
- Add a touch of Kikkoman Soy Sauce to extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make a flavorful dipping sauce for crusty Italian or French bread.