Are You the Kikkoman? Video Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, first visit
(“Kikkoman Site”), read the Official Rules and submit your contact information. The contact information shall include your name, mailing address, phone number, birth date (including age) and e-mail address. If you do not include all of the above contact information, you will not be eligible to receive a prize. Once you have submitted your contact information on the Kikkoman Site, shoot your video (“Video”) (described more fully below), attach/upload your Video on the Are You the Kikkoman? Video Contest page on the Kikkoman Site and click the “submit” button (if applicable). All entry information and Videos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. Winning Videos, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be posted online on Sponsor’s websites (including www.kikkomanusa.com), Sponsor’s pages on YouTube, Facebook, and other social networking sites and may be used in Kikkoman Sales USA promotional materials.
The subject matter of your Video may be about one of the following topics (“Contest Topics”):
Videos may not exceed sixty (60) seconds in length, and should be up to a 50 mb maximum file size, must be in .mov, .avi, .mpeg or .wmv format, and must be in the English language.
2. Kikkoman Video Viewer Sweepstakes: At the end of the Contest Period, Videos will be posted on Kikkomanusa.com in connection with Sponsor’s upcoming Video Viewer Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), which is currently scheduled to run between September 15, 2011 and October 15, 2011 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Contest entrants will NOT be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes but can enter on Kikkomanusa.com during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering, each entrant grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to use entrant’s Submission on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites (e.g., Kikkomanusa.com) and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.) and in connection with the Sweepstakes.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (d) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be filmed and used as permitted herein. No copyrighted material (including TV clips, commercials, music, or other shared videos) will be considered in this Contest without permission from the copyright owner.
All entrants must have a valid e-mail address. Limit one (1) Contest entry per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time on July 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on August 31, 2011 (“Contest Period”).
4. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Ketchum Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
5. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All Submissions will be judged by a panel of Kikkoman judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria on or about October 31, 2011. Submissions will be judged based on the following judging criteria: (a) overall creativity (40%), (b) best use of the Kikkoman product (30%), and (c) concept and adherence to “Contest Topics” or “humor”(30%). By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
7. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive USD $5,000 (check). One (1) First Runner Up will receive USD $1,000 (check). One (1) Second Runner Up will receive USD $500 (check). Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions will be allowed except by sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Limit one (1) prize per person. All unspecified expenses and federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Notification. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about November 15, 2011 and may be required to sign and return a W-9 tax form, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal), and/or rights transfer document within ten (10) days of prize notification. Additionally, winners may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
9. Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event that any winner’s Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions (including but not limited to winners’ Submissions) may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
10. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 30, 2011 to: Are You the Kikkoman? Video Contest, c/o Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc, P.O. Box 420784, San Francisco, CA 94142-0784.
13. Sponsor. Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc., 50 California Street, Suite 3600, San Francisco, CA 94111.