Planning Makes the Party Perfect
With a little planning and some help from Kikkoman, holiday entertaining can be a breeze instead of a hassle. “Do ahead” is the name of the game, and we’ve got suggestions for recipes that you can make ahead of time, so all you need to do on the big day is relax and enjoy the party.
- Kick off the festivities with Pacific Rim Appetizer Torte, featuring layers of chicken and savory cream cheese seasoned with Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Make it the day ahead, then simply unmold and serve with crackers.
- Store-bought egg rolls and dumplings can save you time and effort, and they’re just as appealing as homemade when you serve them with Kikkoman sauces for dipping. Try Sweet & Sour, Thai Style Chili, Hoisin, Plum—or set out a selection of your favorites so guests can try them all!
- Nothing could be better on a winter holiday buffet than Two-Alarm Beef Short Ribs! Slow-cook them the day before with Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze, garlic and plenty of red pepper, then simply reheat to serve.
- What’s a holiday party without Spirited Holiday Eggnog? If lactose intolerance is a concern, don’t worry—we’ve got a recipe just for you, using healthy, lactose-free Kikkoman Pearl® Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk. Even better, you can make the custard base a day ahead, and then fold in the egg whites the next morning.
- If you’re hosting a family gathering, make some Teriyaki Popcorn Balls for the kids. Our version, seasoned with Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and ginger, is so good that grown-ups will want one too.
- Make a batch of Spicy Party Nuts and package in attractive cellophane bags tied with a colorful ribbon to give your guests as a parting gift, and they’ll remember your hospitality long after the party’s over. Download Kikkoman’s Edible Gifts brochure, for more ideas for gifts you can make in your own kitchen with minimal effort and maximum effect.