Harvest Some Menu Inspiration at the Farmers' Market
With the arrival of spring, farmers' markets are starting up again all over the country. And the timing couldn't be better, with Easter just around the corner. Strolling among stalls heaped with fresh produce is sure-fire inspiration to seek out interesting new ways to prepare your favorite vegetables.
- Many farmers' markets feature locally raised meat and eggs, as well as vegetables, for one-stop shopping. This Easter, set an elegant table with Spring Rack of Lamb with Roasted Asparagus, glazed with Peach Preserves and Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
- If you're planning an Easter brunch, pick up some farm-fresh eggs and treat your family to a California Strata with Pearl® Original Organic Soymilk, bell peppers and corn.
- We all know how important it is to eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, and one of the best ways to encourage this healthy habit is to find different ways to prepare them. This spring, take a little time to explore Kikkoman's recipe website to discover some tasty new recipes that will encourage your family to enjoy more fresh produce from the farmers' market, like Colorful Vegetable Kabobs of zucchini, mushrooms and bell peppers marinated with Kikkoman Soy Sauce and herbs.
- Or try a lively Salad of Spinach, Cauliflower and Avocado tossed in a dressing seasoned with Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze.
- Kikkoman Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Dressing & Sauce has a spritely flavor that complements vegetables and salad greens from the farmers' market perfectly. Just shake it up with a little oil, or sprinkle it on straight from the bottle. It's great on steamed fish, too.
- April showers bring fresh greens to your table. This month's featured video with Chef Chu, Fresh Vegetables with Oyster Sauce, will give you some ideas for seasoning spring's bounty with Kikkoman sauces.