Dining Around With Kikkoman
A Progressive Dinner gets everyone cooking - so no one person is stuck with all the work. It's a great way to get to know neighbors or gather nearby family and friends. You "progress" from house to house, enjoying a different course at each stop.
Kikkoman is making it even easier by providing theme ideas with menus and recipes…even a checklist to get you started.
- Choose the theme for the menu and the recipes for each course (see below). Kikkoman's variety of sauces means you'll have plenty of recipe ideas to choose from - from authentic Asian to all-American.
- Assign each course to a person or family. Start or end at your home so you can kick off or wrap up the evening.
- If you invite more households than there are courses, ask others to bring beverages for a given course.
- Send a "menu" invitation outlining the evening.
Join Us for a Progressive Dinner Party!
Appetizers and Soup or Salad
The Smiths' House 111 West Street
The Johnson's House 222 South Street
The Robertson's House 333 North Street
You'll soon receive your recipe to prepare - and share!
Please call Anne Smith with any questions and
RSVP by January 1, 2004
- E-mail the designated recipe to each person directly from kikkoman-usa.com at least one week prior to the dinner to allow time to shop for ingredients.
- Check in with guests two days prior to the dinner to answer any last minute questions
Enjoy delicious food, good friends and lots of fun, courtesy of Kikkoman!
All Around China AppetizerCrispy Wontons
or Stir-Fried Pork in Lettuce LeavesSoup or SaladHot & Sour Soup
or Hot Oriental SaladMain DishChicken Lo Mein
or Garlic Lamb and Eggplant Stir-FryDessertCinnamon-Honey Orange Slices
and Fortune Cookies
Super Soup SupperAppetizerBeef Crostini Sandwiches
or Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Dip
served with crudités and crackersSoup or SaladQuick Chicken Caesar Salad
or Tomato CaesarMain DishTex-Mex Chili
or Tuscan Chicken & White Bean SoupDessert
Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream or German Chocolate Cake
Indoor-Outdoor PicnicAppetizerHot & Cool Teriyaki Wings
or Crispy Garlic Rib AppetizersSoup or SaladZucchini Slaw
or Chuck Wagon Pasta SaladMain DishBackyard Barbecued Burgers
or Open Face Mushroom-Onion BurgersDessert
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk or Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream