Ultimate Umami Portabella Burger
It's not a traditional patty, but this tasty burger is a great way to mix things up. Like a trick play, your guests might not expect it, but they'll love it when it scores big.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- ¼ Cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ Cup parmesan cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Remove the stem from the mushroom. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce and garlic. Seal the bag and turn to coat, refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Grill mushrooms over medium, indirect heat for about 7 minutes.
- Divide the cheese evenly between the mushroom caps, lightly cover with foil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve on grilled buns with your favorite toppings.