Savory Turkey Brine
(Recipe for a 16–24 pound turkey)
2 gallons cold water
10 ounces Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
½ cup kosher salt
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons dried sage
2 tablespoons dried celery seed
1 tablespoon dried thyme
*You may also substitute Gluten-Free, or Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce
- Remove giblets and turkey neck; rinse turkey inside and out.
- In a large stock pot, or just your fridge’s vegetable drawer, mix water with remaining ingredients. Stir until the salt is fully dissolved.
- Place turkey in the brine, cover, and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Remove turkey from the brine, rinsing well.
- Roast your turkey as usual.